The Rona Chronicles

 


Now if you're a senior, then this isn't your first pandemic you've lived through, so congratulations for that. Though corona isn't anything like H1N1, AKA the Swine Flu, we still have to wear masks and shut lots of stores down.  Now, with school being half cancelled and half online, with parties being no longer, and with a deadly virus strolling through the streets of New York, to les Rues en France, staying mentally sane is damn hard to do, especially for gen-z teenagers.  It's depressing to say that this pandemic isn't the most shocking and devastating thing to happen during these past 6 months because weve also been through the biggest civil rights movements of our generation, in addition to losing legend and idols of ours like the Black Mamba, AKA Kobe, Juice Wrld, Pop Smoke, the face of jeopardy, Alex Tribek, and even James bond himself, Sean Connery. We had people protesting for days, marching on end till blisters smothered their feet, and till their masks became part of their faces to fight for justice.  George Floyd, Ahmed Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Jacob Blake fueled this revolution. It's been hard as hell through this shit fest of a year, to stay mentally stable, emotionally available, and almost impossible not to change and gain the quarantine 50. On top of that, theres SCHOOL! To make that slightly easier, you gotta give some stability and normalness to this world of uncertainty,dread, and horror .

Step 1. First thing? MUSIC.

It's time to make a nice payslist.  For me? I have a few depending on my mood.  I got my new rap, my old rap, my bad bitch rap, my old soul music, my “chillin” music, and my throwback 2000’s music.  Now, a blessing for me has been my versatile range in music genres.  You can put on some billy joel, some megan thee stallion, some greenday, kanye, lil wayne, polo g, or even frickin the Gorillaz and I will be bobbing my head, knowing any and lal lyrics to any and all songs.  Music is the most simple, yet fantastic, form of enjoyment, for me at least, and especially in these times, TV can get brog, but music will never get boring.  Since when does having a self hosted dance party in your pajahams get boring?

Step 2. Now, when you get tired and sweaty of design around, you gotta have a wide range of tv shows/movies to watch. 

Create a list of shows and movies that you want to watch in the near future.  A bucket list for cinema per say, to keep yourself excited.  You have some crime documnetries that are on your wtach list, some stupid sitcoms, superhero movies, barbie life int he dreamhouse… anything to keep excitement in your life.  

Step 3. Change up your scenery a bit.

Whether it's go on a walk, go to someone else's house, lucky for me my parents are divorced so i'm never in the same house for more than a week. It's nice to go for my moms to my dads and back to my moms.  For one, I'm best friends with my parents, and for two. I'm never leaving any of them alone for a while. 

Step 4.  Switch up your meals.

With the same day on repeat, it's important to switch up your appetite and diet.  You don't want to have eggs and bacon everyday.  You gotta put some pancakes, maybe throw in some mac and cheese, and if you're feeling crazy, some Phish Food Ben & Jerry's ice cream (the best flavor).  

Overall add excitement to your life guys! Keep yourself entertained. Keep yourself on the edge of your seat.  Keep yourself guessing what your next meal will be, what your next song on shuffle will be, what your next favorite show to binge watch will be.  Try your best to make everyday not feel like the same day.  Try to make everyday seem like a unique day, that's my advice. 



Comments